Since 1984 the James G Elliott Co., Inc. has delivered more than $650 million in advertising sales to America’s largest publishers and today is the nation’s largest independent magazine advertising sales firm.
As a member of the Elliott Co. you will experience a stimulating, collegial atmosphere that encourages interaction with our experienced professionals and a unique and safe environment for professionals at all stages of their careers.
Through our commitment to excellence we have enjoyed significant achievements that make us unique in our industry:
- National—not regional.
- Founding advertising sales organization for numerous well-known publications.
- Among the first advertising sales firms to sell digital advertising solutions.
At the Elliott Co. you will find a culture that recognizes talent, invests in training, and provides the challenge of handling multiple titles from a diverse range of clients—you won’t be bored! We also offer a full suite of benefits, including competitive salary, health insurance, 401(k) program and more.
Résumés should be submitted to email@example.com. Every résumé for an open position is carefully reviewed. Should your work experience and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position, or if an opportunity arises in future, we will contact you.
We appreciate your interest in our company.
We have an immediate need for a driven advertising sales leader to manage a large nationwide team of media sales professionals for one of our largest clients. This position can be based in Los Angeles, New York or Chicago. The person we hire will likely have a mix of both retail (newspaper, radio, cable) and national print/digital/integrated media sales management in their background. This individual must be able to:
- Set ad revenue goals for the client’s products as well as the individual sellers and teams.
- Develop and communicate effective selling strategies.
- Provide marketing support team with direction.
- Help salespeople improve their skills – prospecting, time management, communication, integrated packaging and closing.
- Motivate and inspire the individual ad sellers and teams to success.
- Consistently track the team’s progress to meeting revenue goals.
- Clearly communicate team needs, goals and success to management.
- Recruit and hire salespeople when needed.
Managing this team will require significant travel to sales offices and territories. A previous sales leadership position is essential. This position offers an excellent salary with a commission override and complete benefit package. Submit resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertising Sales Representative
The James G. Elliott Co., Inc. is searching for an experienced print/digital media salesperson that will be based in our Chicago office. Our ideal candidate will have broad experience with consumer magazines selling to national advertisers and their agencies. Candidates should have experience working with travel-related titles and/or selling to accounts in the travel sector.
Our best candidates are creative, resourceful, with very high energy, all of which are necessary to thrive in our quickly growing environment.
- 5+ years media sales experience on consumer titles
- Experience working with travel-related titles and/or selling to accounts in the travel sector
- Strong verbal/written and presentation skills
- Proven success in meeting goals and building new business
- Obvious creative streak
- Experience with essential business software
Submit resumé to email@example.com.
The James G. Elliott Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer